Senior Picnic and Parade Plans

Carly Browder, Staff Writer

As the school year starts to wrap up, more plans are being announced to recognize James Island Senior Class of 2021! It has been a hard and unprecedented school year, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
The senior picnic is going to be this Friday, May 28, 2021 from 11:35pm to 3:30pm in The Backyard. Make sure you pick up, or print, the activity game waiver to participate in some of the activities available at the picnic.
A fun idea is also to decorate a senior crown for the two upcoming events, the senior picnic and senior parade. We could decorate our crowns for those events, since there was no real homecoming week or pep rally this year.
*Ask another friend or two if they’re decorating a senior crown for the picnic.*
There will be a cookout, dunk tank (make sure you nominate a teacher in your RSVP), Bubble Ball (does require the waiver), inflatable jousting, yard games, fun giveaways, ice cream, and a chance to really celebrate the end of our senior year, and the accomplishment that comes with that. We should be proud and excited!
The senior parade is an event not sponsored by the school, but will be on Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 12:30pm. We will depart from the school at 1:00pm sharp. Please be in the high school parking lot with your cars decorated in orange and blue at 12:30pm.
*Ask a friend or two how they’re decorating their cars for the senior parade.*
The Charleston County Police Department and the Town of James Island is graciously letting us do this this year, so they ask that we follow the rules they’ve put in place.
The rules include no floats, only cars. Decorate your cars at home, so you’re ready to go when you arrive at the school. No riding in the back of trucks, only current JICHS seniors, no extremely loud music, no spinning tires, please obey traffic laws at all times, family members and friends are encouraged to find a spot on the route to stand and cheer on the procession. Family members can drive their seniors if needed.
The route will include departing from JICHS and turning right onto Fort Johnson Road towards Camp Road. Turn right onto Camp Road, then turn right onto Dills Bluff and go all the way down to North Shore. Then take a right onto Harbor View Road, and go all the way down to the traffic circle, and take a right onto Fort Johnson Road and end up back to JICHS.
It’s exciting that the JICHS seniors are getting recognition as the school year begins to wrap up, and we get close to parting ways. Make the most of these last few weeks, Trojans. Go Class of 2021!