Expectations for the Boy’s Basketball Season

Grant Smith, Staff Writer

This season, the James Island men’s basketball team will be competing in AAAA Region 7 for the first time.  The school is expecting a lot out of the team since they are loaded with talent and have moved down from 5A to 4A.

Junior Wallace Pettus said, “I think we can be very good this year because we are really deep.  We will be facing some really good teams, but we are coming for everything this year.”  

The basketball team has been working extra hard to get ready for the new teams they will be facing this year.  

Senior Gregg Harrison said, “The overall goal is to win state.  As for right now, we are taking it one game at a time.  With our hard work, we have grown stronger as a team and a family.”  

In Region 7, Beaufort, Bluffton, Colleton County, Hilton Head Island, and May River will be competing against the Trojans for the region title.  

The Trojans are eager to have a chance at playing such talented teams this upcoming season.  Currently, the Trojans hold a 1-1 record with a win against Timberland High School and a loss against Bishop England.

Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, the Trojans have postponed all games during the winter break. We’re looking forward to their return to the court in 2021.