Popular Halloween Costumes of 2021

Annabelle Lockridge, Staff Writer

Halloween is approaching, and there are endless possibilities for costumes.

Dressing up like famous TV characters is always an easy and safe idea. You can dress up like your favorite movie character or dress up like characters from shows that are currently trending. This idea is great for people in friend groups.

The most popular costume currently is characters from Squid Games. Squid Games is a popular TV show on Netflix. This show is both scary, gory, and funny. So many people have taken this show as inspiration for their Halloween costumes.

If someone was interested in dressing up as a character from Squid Games they could simply look on amazon for the costume. According to junior Bella Wallen, she said that when she went into Halloween costume stores, they were sold out of all Squid Games costumes.

Multiple videos on TikTok have been going viral of kids wearing inflatable among us costumes. Among us is a game that was originally released in June of 2018, but gained major popularity in the middle of 2020. The game consists of a maximum of 10 players working together or against each other to find the Imposter.

Many people have taken an interest in this game and have decided to dress up as an Among us character. There are regular fabric costumes and inflatable costumes that both can be found on amazon.

Other popular costumes include characters from Marvel such as Spiderman, Black Widow, and Black Panther. Some popular DC characters include the Joker, Cat Woman, Harley Quinn, and Wonder Woman.

A couple students were interviewed to get an idea of what students were dressing up as. Sophomore Ella Harmon said that she was going to dress up as a cowgirl. Sophomore Olivia Dixon said that she was going to be Juno. Sophomore Chloe McDaniel said that she wanted to be Juliet from Romeo and Juliet.

A famous character that people are dressing up as is Pennywise. Pennywise is a clown from the horror movie franchise It.

Pennywise is a good costume if someone is looking to dress up as something scary and recognizable.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was an inspiration for many, so there will definitely be some Ruth costumes. A man who invaded the capital has been named as the QAnon Shaman. Pictures of people dressing up as him have already appeared.

Another trending story is the complex case about the Murdaugh family. Multiple family members have committed crimes and the story has spread across the states. Since the case is so interesting and insane, people have gone dressing up as the family members involved in the case.

Carole Baskin from Tiger King is a popular costume idea. Tiger King is a true crime docu-series. There is controversy around the case so the show on Netflix has become very popular in past months. Dressing up as Carole Baskin is a great costume to make people laugh.

TV shows and movies are also great inspiration for group costumes. Popular group costumes from movies and tv shows are Scooby Doo and the mystery gang, The Flintstones, Winnie the Pooh, and Stranger Things characters.

Dressing up like celebrities is also always a great idea. Dressing up as a celebrity is not always recognizable, but it’s an easy last minute costume. Dressing up as a celebrity can be a funny costume or just a fun way to dress up.

Some are dressing us as Lil Nas X. A lot of people found the Met Gala really funny and have decided to dress up as people like Kim Kardashian, Dan Levy, and Troye Sivan.

Dressing up as Vampire Ed Sheeran from his music video “Bad Habits” is another popular idea. Harry Styles and Phoebe Bridgers’ Grammys outfits have inspired some this Halloween.

There are endless choices when it comes to dressing up for Halloween. If you are having trouble with your costume this year, try out one of our ideas!